Ever wondered what the perfect lap looks like?
This lap is stunning. Enjoy this raw, no commentary, on-board video. Then watch it again.
Honestly, this is as good as racecar driving gets:
Click image or this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI3JzYCL3K0
6 reasons why:
- He could not have braked later. Trailing the speed perfectly into each corner.
- He hits every apex.
- His steering is super smooth. One gradual turn motion. No sawing at the wheel.
- He could not have got on the power any earlier. Maximising all the available acceleration but with no wheel spin.
- The proximity of the barriers massively increases the risk of this approach.
- He left no margin anywhere, even at the end when he was already over 1 second up.
It is a masterclass.
A once in a life time lap.
If you are ever wondering what the perfect lap looks like, or looking for inspiration watch this.
That was intense. For something more light-hearted (but equally impressive in its own way) how about this bit of driving inspiration – a Formula car, at the Nordschleife, in the SNOW 😎 Enjoy.