About Samir Abid
Hi there, I’m Samir Abid. I’m an engineer from Warwick, UK. For the first 10 years of my career I worked in vehicle dynamics, developing suspension systems for road and racing cars. For the last 10 years I’ve run a sports engineering consultancy. That business helps pro and Olympic sports teams benefit from their data. I have always raced at club level and these days I am back working in the paddock.
This site contains my best answers to questions club racers struggle with. The content is mainly on helping you improve your racecar setup, data analysis and race driving.
I created a video course on how to do driver analysis with data. It is called The Complete Beginners Guide To Motorsports Data Analysis and you should check it out if you’ve wanted to do data analysis but struggled to get going. There are more motorsports courses here.
I also publish a free weekly(ish) newsletter which you can sign up for right here.
There are too many glum faces in race track paddocks around the world. I’d like for you to be the one getting the most enjoyment on track.
Thanks for visiting.
How I can help your organisation:
I am available to for training, conference & speaking engagements. Just ask.
- [Podcast] Garage Heros In Training
- [Podcast] Cars Yeah 1864
- Autosport Article – Getting More From Your Data
- [Speaker] “How much faster would a Pro go in your race car (and why?)” Motorsports Days Live.
- [Video Promo] “What’s the real cost of racing?” With 750 Motor Club & Scott Mansell Driver61
- [Co-host] “Remove All Gear Selection Doubts” Ep50 AiM Webinar series with Roger Caddell.
- [Contributor] Ross Bentley’s Speed Secrets Weekly.
- [Speaker] Vehicle Dynamics Expo, Stuttgart Germany
- [Speaker] Multi-body Dynamics optimisation, FISITA, Barcelona, Spain
- [Speaker] Future developments in Vehicle Dynamics, British High Commission, Chennai, India
My Current Racecar:
No.23. “7” style racecar – Ma7da 7 Series 750 Motor Club UK.
Your Data Driven in numbers: 😊