What does it really take to win in motorsports?
The Motorsports Playbook
Stuck? Confused? Wondering how the pros would solve your issues?
Learn professional approaches to level-up your track performance.
Get a playbook of motorsports tips from the best in the sport.
Don’t get left behind any longer. Actionable advice that works.
Written by Samir Abid
Foreword by Ross Bentley
” Samir has a knack for drawing out the best tips, tricks and pieces of advice from his podcast guests. To have all of these lessons in one simple, easy-to-digest book is hugely valuable.”
Ross Bentley – Indycar Driver & Coach
Motorsports Is A Frustrating Puzzle
There is nothing worse than watching others driver off in front of you.
Effortlessly they pull away, whilst you fall back.
You try harder. Get braver. But nothing makes any difference.
Confounded, you start to theorise why:
- “Clearly they were on fresher tyres …
- “They must have a better engine …
- “Of course they have been doing this for way longer …
- “Yeah, they are always testing and everyone knows seat time is lap time …
Some or all of this might be true. But you’re left wondering, “Is there something else going on?”
You can see the kinds of results others are creating for themselves. You want those results, too.
What are you missing?
Really great motorsport related content with a wide range of top notch guests from around the industry. Samir’s an excellent host- really easy to listen to. Lets the guests speak and develop ideas over the course of the conversation which is not always the case with other podcasts. Much to be learned here for enthusiasts at all levels.Great listen by Dan Hale
Just thought I’d pass on my congratulations on your superb podcasts! I can honestly say that all of them where very interesting but above all inspirational. All of the guests seemed very grounded and pitched at your audience perfectly (or to me anyway!). Keep up the good work.Superb podcasts by Rob Cooper
Knowledge Is Lap Time
You are smart. You are capable. You know you have options to work this out. You might consider:
- Asking people in the paddock. Find the right person and this can be extremely helpful. Find Mr “I’m flat-out through turn 3” however, and that can easily add to your confusion – or worse, to a crash.
- Hiring professional help. Great choice but scarily expensive. How do you know they will be any good? Will they really make a difference? By how much? Is the investment worth it? And what happens when they are not around? Will you regress?
- Carrying on as you are. The trial and error approach has got you this far. Keep plugging away and things could improve. The danger is that this confusion will last. That you will remain stuck on your current plateau. Wasting more track time. Never quite sure how to improve.
What if you had another option? 👇
This podcast has been very useful with loads of great tips for both the club racer & probably the pros. Keep it up!Excellent podcast by Jonathan Lisseter
I wanted to reach out and thank you for the wonderful podcast you host, with interviews with Damian Harty and THE Peter Krause! They were insightful and gave me the push to keep working harder and keep learning!Wonderful podcast you host by Purjav Rajan
Ask The Best In Motorsports
Forget struggling to understand the misguided-folklore you receive from your local paddock-cup-champion.
Imagine being able to spend hours (and hours) quizzing the best in the business for their advice. Say on a podcast … 😊
The cream of the motorsports profession:
- Pro drivers from Formula 1, Indy Car, Touring Car and more
- Driver coaches from Formula 1, Semi-pro and club racing
- Engineers from Formula 1, Indy, Sports car and WRC
- Internationally famous simulation, data and sim racing gurus
- An Formula 1 mental performance coach
- Even an Olympic head cycling coach
That would amazing!
It would probably generate an overwhelming amount of great advice too, so …
What if you had all their best advice distilled, organised and summarised for you?
All their battle-hardened, proven and actionable tips made available right at your finger tips.
Key suggestions, ready and waiting for you to apply, when you need them most.
New ideas and inspiration to help you level-up.
The complex simplified. The haze lifted.
What to do, completely clear in your mind.
Well, there is good news!
The Motorsports Playbook
Get proven wisdom, techniques and tips from the best motorsports professionals in the world.
Learn how to approach, think-about and enact going faster on track.
A menu of professional approaches you can apply to immediately start gaining confidence and speed.
For less than the price of 1 tank of fuel you get a wealth of racing knowledge.
Lessons clearly arranged to help you begin to think like someone who has driven, coached or engineered at the highest level in motorsports.
- What makes the best drivers – and what good really looks like.
- How to drive fast and what fast should feel like.
- Ways to develop your driving skills – whilst managing your expectations.
- Common driving mistakes – and ways to avoid them.
- How to master braking and corner entry – worth the price of entry alone! 😉
- Which parts of the track should you be prioritising – not obvious this one.
- Ways to learn better race craft – more safely and quickly.
- How to managing your nerves – the pros talk openly on how they cope.
- How analytical you should be – both inside and outside the race car.
- Where to start with driver data analysis – including which key measures.
- The best ways to achieve your aims on track? – What is a win for you today?
- How to increase driver confidence – whilst lapping even faster!
- Better ways to help, understand and coach others – formally or informally.
- New ways to think about and then approach testing – inc secrets from F1.
- How to get a great setup on your car – and what do to when it starts raining.
- Understand how dampers work – and why they are so important.
- Ways to really easily find reliability issues before they ruin your day.
Unlike your tank of fuel these insights will never run dry.
The Motorsports Playbook aims to become a lasting tool that you keep coming back to again and again.
Learn more 👇👇
Curated wisdom from the podcast
🏁 The Motorsports Playbook – PDF
🏁 The Motorsports Playbook – ePub
🏁 BONUS 1 – 3hr Audiobook. No more boring travel time. Imagine being coached by the best in motorsports. Load into Apple Books – or your equivalent – sit back and listen.
🏁 BONUS 2 – 3x Extra Lessons on Sponsorship. Learn about how to get someone else to pay for your racing! Great advice and actionable tips (comes included with the video course.)
🏁 BONUS 3 – 94 Key Takeaways presented in 3x beautiful infographics. A quick reference menu of all the key takeaways you will find in the book. Each section summarised into 1 page! Get even more value. See even more patterns and trends. Quickly jump back in. Use as quick prompts at the track.
Prices exclude your local taxes.
All versions include lifetime access, plus lifetime free updates, revisions and corrections.
eBook files are Kindle-compatible. You also get BOTH pdf and ePub versions.
Want to buy to give to 10+ books to gift to others? Multi-book discounts available on request.
Get A Free Book Sample.
24 page sample – Foreword (by Ross Bentley), Intro & 2 lessons:
More Than A Book – 3x Bonuses Too!
The Motorsports Playbook is more than just a book. Get these bonuses too …
3hr+ Audiobook (Worth £19.99)
Let long, boring travel journeys be a thing of the past. Imagine being coached all the way, by the very best professionals in motorsports! Compete audiobook narrated and ready to go. Just add to your library, sit back and enjoy.
Audiogram Course & 3x Extra Lessons On Sponsorship (Worth £29.99)
Sponsorship gives you everything you want, more testing, a new helmet, a better car – the lot. If you get one sponsor from these lessons then they will have more than paid for themselves!
Included in this 42 lesson course are 3x bonus lessons on Sponsorship. They give you inspiration, ideas and actionable methods on how to raise money for your racing.
Every lesson has been transcribed and produced in this audiogram format.
Free audiogram lesson on conquering nerves: 👇
94 Key Takeaways As Infographics (Worth £19.99)
Once you have read the book, these are the crib sheets you will keep coming back to again and again. Mobile, Kindle & Tablet friendly – you also get them in PDF and ePub.
Presented in 3x beautiful infographics they provide a complete overview of each section on Driving Fast, Coaching and Race Car Engineering. They give you a quick reference menu of solutions – 94 takeaways in total – that you can start to apply to your racing today!
Who is this book for?
The amateur racing driver and their teams. This book is for you if you want to:
- get unstuck from your current performance plateau.
- start getting more organised.
- get a head start if track driving is new to you.
- gain an advantage over your competitors.
- help others more effectively – as a coach, instructor or engineer.
- learn how to adopt a more professional approach.
- have more confidence on track.
How can I apply this knowledge?
I challenge every guest who comes on the show to give us one or two key takeaways. Actionable advice that they have picked up in their job but that you can easily apply – given this is not your day job. All the lessons are laser-focused on helping you given your limits of time, money and man-power. Some suggestions are so simple you will be kicking yourself for not thinking of it before. The aim is to give you the clarity and confidence to know not only what is possible but when is enough.
I can’t read! 😂
Grab the audiobook version. Personally I think this is the best format. As you will discover though, everyone has their own personal learning style. The audio version is great to listen too during exercise, on your daily commute or on your travels to the track.
Why would I pay given I can listen to the shows free?
What started to become apparent during the show recordings were common themes, suggestions and approaches. The Motorsports Playbook is my interpretation of all that advice. Hours of shows distilled into a form that makes it more easy for you to learn, recall and apply what is being said. The shows are like the raw materials. The book transforms the best bits into an actionable tool you can use.
In sports the best coaches have a “Playbook” on how they would approach different key scenarios. Strategic, precise and actionable knowledge on how to succeed. The Motorsports Playbook aims to be your little black book of wisdom that works in motorsports.
Is this a real book?
Yes and no. Yes as it is a properly formatted, organised and produced book with its own ISBN number and registration. No, as it is digital and not (currently) made of paper. Here is the Table of Contents:
Can I get a free sample?
Yes! Grab the first 24 pages here.
About The Author
Hi 👋, I’m Samir Abid from Warwickshire in the UK. I’ve been a Professional Engineer for over 20 years, primarily working with suspension and data systems on cars and in pro sports.
As well as this book, I create courses and calculators on race engineering topics. Plus, I coach and race myself at club level.
I am also an Associate Fellow at Warwick Business School. I supervise MBA students to write their dissertations and have used the methods I teach, to distill the lessons found in The Motorsports Playbook.
Who Were The Guests?
Andrew Cohen-Wray F1 mental perf coach & racer – McLaren
Ross Bentley: Ex-Indycar racer & coach – Speed Secrets
Andrew Rains: Ex-pro driver & business owner – Apex Pro
James Williams: Mercedes F1 transmission engineer & racer
Damian Harty Ex-WRC vehicle dynamics eng – Prodrive
Scott Mansell: Ex-F1 driver & driver coach – Driver61
John Kirkpatrick Ex-pro driver & coach – ARDS President
James Colborn: AiM data guru & club racer
Perry McCarthy: Ex-F1 driver & The Stig from Top Gear
Matt Neal: Pro driver & 3x BTCC touring car champion
Peter Krause: Data coach & historic racer
Danny Nowlan: Vehicle dynamics eng & owner –ChassisSim
Aris Vasilakos: Sim racing & Head of R&D – Assetto Corsa
Rob Wilson: Ex-pro driver & coach of 75+ F1 drivers …
Dave Devine: Aston Martin F1 suspension eng & racer
Scott Gardner: Olympic head coach & cycling pro –TeamGB
Brian Sims: Ex-pro & Benetton F1 sponsorship guru
Jeff Braun: Pro race engineer & coffee business owner!
Thank You Reel 😉👍
© Your Data Driven 2020 – All Rights Reserved