Perfectly Setup Your Racecar. Master Racecar Data Analysis. Drive Faster.
Racecar engineering resources for the club racer.
Read the articles 🤓 + Listen to the podcast 🎧 + Sign-up to the free newsletter👇
= Know how to get on race winning pace, faster 🏆
Today I Learned Motorsports
Your Data Driven Podcast
- Learn from the Pros on the Your Data Driven Podcast show …
- Get great driver feedback. Every session. 🔥
- Books Books Books! Which ones should you buy?
- Where to start with race car setup?
- Race car setup. A proven approach for success
- Trying to cure understeer or oversteer? Try this setup tuning crib sheet
- What diff ratio to use in your racing car? 🔥
- Easy method to calculate your racing cars Frontal Area
- Choosing the best gear ratios (for any track …)
- Guide to interpreting tyre temperatures (inc FREE spreadsheet) 🔥
- Selection criteria for budget rear view camera system
- The 2 main ways to measure racing car tyre temperatures
- Understeer vs Oversteer – the super simple explanation
- What should the temperature of your racing car tyres be?
- Who is the Race Engineer?
- Procedure for setting racing car tyre pressures accurately
- Where is the best place to mount a transponder?
- Guide to maximising your acceleration (inc best gear change rpm calculator)
- How to set your racing car tyre pressures perfectly (every time)
- Tyre side slip angle explained (You’ll need an eraser …)
Data Analysis (Data Engineering)
- Where should you start with motorsports data analysis? [VIDEO COURSE]
- Finding the signal in the noise. Filtering acceleration data in RT GoPro software
- Yes you can create custom sectors in AiM Race Studio. Discover how …
- How to move the start finish line in AiM Race Studio 2
- What are the best number of split times (sectors) to use? 🔥
- Gear Ratio Map – Visualise The Best Gear For Any Corner
- Why Video Analysis Alone Is Not Enough
- What could you learn from having a Pro race your car?
- How to relate telemetry data to track performance
- See how telemetry data can help you drive faster 🔥
- What racecar lap simulation software options do I have?
- How to get PS4 telemetry data (for FREE)
- Hills affect racecar braking. An analysis trick you can use to compensate
- How to export your AIM data to share (including exactly which files you need)
- How to use the YDD gearing optimisation tool [VIDEO]
- Are your maximising your racing cars grip? Really? Discover how to tell for sure
- The video data logger that you already own (yes – your GoPro!)
- Introduction to Motorsport Data Analysis: Delta-t 🔥
- Who Is The Data Engineer?
- How to measure the IMPOSSIBLE with 7 types of inferred metric
- Got video but no time? Quick way to create side-by-side lap comparison videos
- Data on easy mode. How to compare your racing laps using Google Earth
- What makes great data analysis?
- Setting Expectations (And Racecar Data’s True Value To You)
- Levelling-Up Your Driver Feedback 🔥
- Beginners Sim Racing Kit List – Start your online racing career here 🔥
- Most common mistake when doing Heel and Toe (plus 2 ways to improve)
- Learn a race track in your lunch break
- Here is the perfect lap (even if you are not a Hamilton fan) (VIDEO)
- Snow. Nordschleife. Formula Car. What is not to like? (VIDEO)
- How to drive fast. Reacting but to what …
[Bonus] Excel-Specific Help
- Easily filter your noisy data with these Excel apps.
- Learn Excel VBA (free 4-part video course)
- How to audit an Excel file
- Dealing with sub-second time in Excel